The Global Eye needs a Local Body
The Link Up Euro Connection (LEC) is a European co-creation & co-production programme between up to 48 participants, collaborating in 4 co-creation-camps & performing at festivals in Aarhus, Berlin, Groningen & Manchester. The activities will result in a joint vision: the LEC Manual - On how to facilitate the development & professionalization of emerging artists in Europe.
Hip Hop and R&B culture is a global movement that encompasses a wide range of expressions from music, theater, dance, art to fashion, politics & business. Municipalities acknowledge that Hip Hop and R&B culture is undeniably intertwined with youth culture, but struggle to adapt and facilitate suitable programs for talent development and professionalization.
LEC Vol I. co-creation and co-production camps have been organized by the transnationally acting Music Cities Network in collaboration with the following partners:
● Noordstaat in Groningen, The Netherlands (January 28-30, 2022)
● Manchester Music City in collaboration with Brighter Sound and Contact, England (7-13 March 2022)
● Promus and Institute for X in Aarhus during the SPOT Festival, Denmark (3.-7. May 2022)
● Musicboard Berlin and Alvozay Collective during Fête de La Musique in Berlin, Germany (18-22 June 2022)
LEC has targets in three different fields:
- Cultural: Consolidate the understanding of the new European Urban youth culture and explore common transnational values, similarities and differences.
- Economic: Pave the way for new and innovative ways for artists to improve creatively. Professionalize and grow their network in Europe's Music Business.
- Policy: Design practicable solutions to bridge the gap between the informal methods of Urban artists and the formal methods of city leaders and music policy makers.
→ All results will be merged into the LEC Manual - On How to facilitate the Development and Professionalization of young Hip Hop artists in Europe targeted to municipalities, policy makers and project leaders to better understand their local Hip Hop scenes. ←
LEC’s aim is to pave the way for new and innovative ways for artists to improve creatively, professionalize and grow their networks in Europe's Music Business. LEC is co-funded by Creative Europe and is after the European Music Business Task Force (EMBTF), the second project by the MCN, which is getting European recognition. Both projects are realizing MCNs aim to reflect on and create good frames for music in cities in a project format. MCN states: The global eye needs a local body - the MCN is excited to contribute to sustainable change with these projects in the future.
LEC Vol I. has officially come to an end. The team is currently working on finalising the manual, which will be released very soon! Thank you everyone who is part of the LEC family from now on! LEC will stay!