After two successful pilot projects the Music Cities Network is launching LEC: The Link Up Euro Connection (LEC).
LEC is a brand new 7-month program with European co-creation and co-production between 12 Hip Hop artists and producers from Groningen, Manchester, Aarhus and Berlin, plus wildcards for artists from other cities.
During LEC, emerging music creatives work together during 4 co-creation weeks in the cities mentioned above.
During the co-creation camps artists from at least four different countries will meet, make music and perform during four different co-creation camps. Together they will work on songs in the studios facilitated by LEC, after which they'll work on a live show and perform these songs at a relevant festival or venue at the end of the week.
LEC’s co-creation and co-production weeks are organized by the transnationally acting Music Cities Network in collaboration with the following partners:
● Noordstaat in Groningen during ESNS, The Netherlands (January 16-22, 2022)
● Manchester Music City in collaboration with Brighter Sound and Contact, England (March 2022)
● Promus and Institute for X in Aarhus during the SPOT Festival, Denmark (April/ May 2022)
● Musicboard Berlin and Alvozay Collective during Fête de La Musique in Berlin, Germany (June 2022)
LEC’s aim is to pave the way for new and innovative ways for artists to improve creatively. Professionalize and grow your network in Europe's Music Business. LEC is co-funded by Creative Europe.
The application deadline was December 10th 12.00. Thank you for all your applications!
● You are an emerging artist, living in the greater regions of Groningen, Manchester, Aarhus or Berlin
● You are a passionate songwriter/artist or music producer and you make relevant Hip Hop and/or R&B music in the broadest sense
● You are a self taught, socially minded, progressive, and motivated person
● You have experience with releasing and performing music and are connected with your
audience/ fanbase, regardless the size of your following
● You know your way around the local music community in your city and love to talk
passionately about your own scene. You are interested in learning about different
environments and exchange of knowledge
● You intend to make a living off your music in the near future
● You value artistic growth
The application deadline is December 10th.
● You are available to attend a minimum of two and a maximum of four co-creation weeks, of which one event is the Link Up in your own city.
● You are ready to dive into a week of making music, day in, day out
● You are ready to rehearse and perform a joint performance
● Performing at at least one renowned European festival
● Free travel, accommodation and lunch
● A contribution of expenses of €250
● You will become part of a network of like-minded talents with new contacts and shared
● You will experience different music scenes of Europe
● You will have the possibility to work in International co-creation and featurings
● You will experience artistic growth
● As a participant, you will be co-designing the co-creation process after your needs
Overall summary and schedule for the 4 different co creation weeks:
Link UP 1: Groningen. 17.-23. January 2022
Co-Creation at Noordstaat: a co-writing week in which selected artists from membering cities will work together on songs, with the goal to construct a mutual performance, closing the week by performing at the Eurosonic Festival.
Link Up 2: Manchester 07-13. March 2022
Co-Creation at Brighter Sound: a co-writing week in which selected artists from membering cities will work together on songs, with the goal to construct a mutual performance, closing the week with a special performance in Manchester as part of Brighter Sound's Festival.
Link Up 3: Aarhus. 3.-8. May 2022
Co-Creation at Institute for X and Promus: a co-writing week in which selected artists from membering cities will work together on songs, with the goal to construct a mutual performance, closing the week by performing at the SPOT Festival.
Link Up 4: Berlin. 17-22 June 2022
Co-Creation at Alvozay Collective: a co-writing week in which selected artists from membering cities will work together on songs, with the goal to construct a mutual performance, closing the week by performing at the Fete de la Musique.