RESIDENCY PROGRAM YOUNG MUSIC BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS
Music Cities Network Residency Program for Young Music Business Professionals
The fast and ongoing technical, multimedial, and global developments have caused one of the biggest structural changes for music making and the music business. That’s why, today more than ever, learning from and collaborating with each other is the key to new ideas and innovation, and eventually to success in the music business for upcoming artists and young music business professionals.
The international music scene nowadays is dominated by urban music of different sub-genres. It is a very strong market of youth culture, and one of the new trends within urban music is the growing irrelevance of language barriers. Furthermore, the segmented music business areas are developing fast, and they need fresh thinking actors to handle and approach the industry in new ways.
The Music Cities Network Residency Program facilitates a worldwide music and music business talent exchange for upcoming artists and young industry professionals for member cities of the MCN. The goal is to connect the participants directly with each other by using the member cities and their connected networks as a gateway, utilising their already existing structures, knowledge, and hubs.
First edition is planned for Autumn 2019
How does it work in detail?
- Application: At first the participants need to apply with a concept (what, who, when, why and where). A jury consisting of member cities and experts (tba) will then discuss and confirm the applications.
- Travel & Accommodation: The participant will be offered a working space and will be assisted to find cheap/free accommodation by the city and the MCN host.
- Introduction: After the arrival there will be an introduction phase and welcoming by the MCN member city host.
- Mentoring Phase: various meetings with people and companies from the creative and music scenes to further support and develop ideas.
- Working-phase: every participant will work on his project.
- Presentation Phase: This can be a concert or concept presentation.
- Duration: 1 week to 3 months.
- Costs: co-financing of travel costs by the city of origin, free working space and assistance to find a cheap or even free accommodation by the local network. All further expenses have to be covered by the participants.
- Coordination: Via the MCN office and the member city host, funding for organization will be covered by MCN and further member cities funding.
- Documentation: via the MCN website and publications, photos and videos.